Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day in Dar

The US Embassy is about a 10 minute car ride from my lodgings. I went by there today just to make sure I knew where I was going tomorrow. I spoke to a contact at the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training and we are going to try and meet on Friday. Also will be meeting on Friday with our sales rep from SimbaNet, the company we bought the satellite dish from. Spoke to the guy from Accenture...we have plans to meet Thursday evening. Albin Mathias, Powering Potential's point person in Tanzania is coming over today at 5pm to meet with me. He's going to college in Dar...getting a Bachelor of Engineering in Network Design and System Integration.

More later....

1 comment:

Judy Whitfield said...

Janice -- it's cool that Albin is coming to see you ... you two are old friends at this stage of the game, eh? Best of luck with your meetings in the coming days. Keep us posted on how it goes. x