Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fruitful Visit

JRO - Kilimanjaro airport in Arusha, Tanzania.

Am waiting to check in at the airport and then off I go....home on Dec. 20.

I feel like I've been here for 10 months not 10 days :)

I had several meetings with Tanzanian government officials and they are paving the way forward for us. Also Hamisi, the head of Ensol which is the solar company we use, came to Banjika to see the solar system. We worked out a design that will serve the school's needs and be very efficient.

Also met with these people to discuss our future projects:
  • Mason - our solar-aid.org consultant
  • Mtituh - a tech guy from Dar who has been very helpful
  • Mercy, Noel, Tina, Wantay, and Dr. Taylor - representatives from NGOs (non-government organizations) working in Tanzania. I'm learning from their experiences.
  • Sirili, Emanuel and Happy - former Banjika students who I am considering as future Technology Tent trainers.
Justine, the headmaster, and I worked out a design for the computer lab....where to place all the new computers that are coming. And Rogers, our tech guy here, was at Banjika yesterday and today to fix a few problems.

I had a chance to observe Meshack teaching The Technology Tent. I'm amazed at how much the students have learned. I took some videos of the class and will get them up online to share.

The counter clerk just arrived....I better go and check in.

Stay tuned...

No comments: